[OmniOS-discuss] New wiki page explains OmniOS release cycle

Eric Sproul esproul at omniti.com
Tue Jul 2 15:46:35 UTC 2013

FYI, I've just added a new wiki page detailing the OmniOS release
cycle: http://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/ReleaseCycle

We release a new stable every 26 weeks, with weekly interim updates as
needed.  Starting with the current stable release (r151006), some
stable releases are designated "Long-Tail Support" and will receive
updates for three years.  Normal stable releases will receive updates
for one year.

In the coming months, leading up to the release of r151008, we'll have
more information about how to stay on an LTS release.

Eric