[OmniOS-discuss] Zones failing to start after upgrade

Eric Sproul esproul at omniti.com
Wed Jul 10 14:12:33 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 4:00 AM, Ben Summers <ben at fluffy.co.uk> wrote:
> After a conversation on IRC about the OmniOS upgrade process, I wrote up the notes below. I'm hoping they'll pop them on the OmniOS wiki, as it currently doesn't mention zones and updates.

Ben,
I've added your notes:
http://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/GeneralAdministration#UpgradingWithNon-GlobalZones

I made a few modifications to make it clearer that the full pkg update
within the zone is optional.  I also want to ensure that folks read
the release notes as well, especially when upgrading to a new stable
release, as there may be additional steps required.

Thanks for writing that up.
Eric