[OmniOS-discuss] Switching to OpenSSH

Tim Rice tim at multitalents.net
Mon Jul 15 21:15:51 UTC 2013

On Mon, 15 Jul 2013, Paul B. Henson wrote:

> * sunssh is integrated into the Solaris auditing framework
>
> * sunssh uses the Solaris cryptographic framework rather than openssl, which
> historically gave it access to hardware acceleration that openssh didn't use,
> but I think openssl supports the same framework now
>
> I think the only real killer would be the auditing support, if somebody was
> leveraging that.

Back in the OpenSSH 4.0 days we see this in the ChangeLog
20050220
 - (dtucker) [LICENCE Makefile.in README.platform audit-bsm.c configure.ac
   defines.h] Bug #125: Add *EXPERIMENTAL* BSM audit support.  Configure
   --with-audit=bsm to enable.  Patch originally from Sun Microsystems,
   parts by John R. Jackson.  ok djm@

We're on 6.2 now.
Let us know if something is not working right.

--
Tim Rice				Multitalents
tim at multitalents.net