[OmniOS-discuss] Switching to OpenSSH

Carlos Cardenas cardenas12 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 02:08:52 UTC 2013

OpenSSH 6.2p1 + HPN patches from 2013Q2 (http://pkgsrc.joyent.com/packages/SmartOS/2013Q2/x86_64)
Looking at the pkgsrc source for security/openssh, the patches that are there are for Interix, which tells me OpenSSH should be just fine in illumos. (IMO, It might be good to incorporate the HPN patches for performance reasons)

By default from pkgsrc, the privsep model is sandbox and seems to be working fine.

I haven't tested the auditing support; will do that later in the week as time permits.

--
Carlos