[OmniOS-discuss] Irregularly scheduled SSD survey :)

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Mon Mar 25 15:30:12 EDT 2013

It seems like it's been a while since there's been an SSD discussion;
I'm in the market for a few and was wondering if anybody had any new
favorites, or updated information about any previous candidates.

I'm looking to get two of say 200G or larger, to create an rpool mirror
across the first partition of each and have the second partition of each
an independent L2ARC. Ideally I'd like to find a third small one with
power failure protection to be a slog; if that doesn't work out I might
carve out a third partition on each of the two big ones to create a slog
mirror. Definitely not preferable, but it's a home server, so trade-offs
might need to be made <sigh>.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.