[OmniOS-discuss] Supermicro X9SRI-F NMI

Eric Sproul esproul at omniti.com
Mon Mar 25 15:45:04 EDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 3:12 PM, Paul B. Henson <henson at acm.org> wrote:
> I've never actually tried this under OpenSolaris/illumos, but am assuming it
> should work more or less the same as under Solaris 10? Has anybody tested
> NMI functionality with a recent illumos and could give me at least a
> starting point that it should be working :)?

Last year when I was testing KVM on a Sandy Bridge box, I was hitting
https://github.com/joyent/illumos-kvm/issues/1 and trying to
troubleshoot via NMI.  I had the X9SRA board, which is similar to
yours.  I didn't have IPMI or a chassis button, so I was attempting to
short the appropriate pins.  I recall that I saw an NMI message on the
console, but the system did not panic.

I would go with the assumption that it will work as it did for Solaris
10, until proven otherwise. :)

Eric