[OmniOS-discuss] growing a comstar LUN

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Thu Nov 7 18:43:45 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-06 20:51, Johan Kragsterman wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I need to grow some comstar lu's.
>
> The volumes I based the lu's on are sparse, so the size of the lu's are not specified in the stmf lu creation, but based on the sparse volume size.
>
> When I change the volume size(zfs set volsize=), the volume changes right, but when I use "stmfadm list-lu -v", there is no change on the lu's sizes.'
>
> I could of coarse use stmfadm modify-lu -s, but I thought that stmf perhaps could pick up the changed size anyway...? But so it seems not to be the case...?

Did you try remounting the target (on initiator side)?
Also, did you inspect the LUNs (as "disks") formatting and
partitioning layout?

I believe that remounting the target should allow the full
LUN size to be seen. However the old partition table remains
in place, so you'd have to enlarge that (fdisk, parted). Then
in the increased partition you can increase the filesystem
with its tools - for ZFS this would mean increasing Solaris
slices first, then expanding the pool (possibly with explicit
"zpool attach -e ...").

HTH,
//Jim Klimov