[OmniOS-discuss] NFS Datastore vmware esxi failover

Matt Weiss mweiss at cimlbr.com
Fri Nov 8 22:44:41 UTC 2013

On 11/8/2013 4:26 PM, Richard Elling wrote:
> On Nov 8, 2013, at 2:07 PM, Jim Klimov <jimklimov at cos.ru
> <mailto:jimklimov at cos.ru>> wrote:
>
>> On 2013-11-08 22:54, Richard Elling wrote:
>>> It is a replica, but it isn't the same from an NFS perspective. The
>>> files may have the
>>> same contents, but the NFSv3 file handles are different because they are
>>> in two different
>>> file systems.  For this to work, the clients would have to remount,
>>> which blows your
>>> requirement for transparency.
>>
>> Just a "little quick question": the NFS clients have a means to specify
>> several NFS servers as equivalents (described in "man mount_nfs")...

Does anyone know more about NFS and OmniOS specifically?

I found an article
http://www.howtoforge.com/high_availability_nfs_drbd_heartbeat_p3 that moves
/var/lib/nfs to the datastore then uses ls to create a symbolic link to
the new location.

As far as I can tell OmniOS uses /var/nfs which contains V4_state

Any other directories need to be moved?  That one alone didn't get it done.