[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS / SuperMicro motherboard and settings for IPMI SOL

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Mon Nov 11 17:34:44 UTC 2013

On Mon, 11 Nov 2013 18:15:08 +0100
Jim Klimov <jimklimov at cos.ru> wrote:

> May I presume you have serial console configured in GRUB itself and
> passed to the kernel command-line? Or do you need to add something
> like the below snippets to menu.lst? Also make sure that the speed
> (default 9600, 115200, whatever) is matched in SOL/BIOS/GRUB/OS, or
> maybe is autodetected in SOL/BIOS side and does not matter.

Another often seen problem with IPMI is that Grub is using a wrong
resolution. Try specifying console or 640x480 as resolution.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
I own seven-eighths of all the artists in downtown Burbank!