[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS / SuperMicro motherboard and settings for IPMI SOL

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Mon Nov 11 23:42:03 UTC 2013

On Mon, 11 Nov 2013 17:35:56 -0600
Paul Jochum <paul.jochum at alcatel-lucent.com> wrote:

> On 11/11/2013 05:28 PM, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> > On Mon, 11 Nov 2013 16:34:01 -0600
> > Paul Jochum <paul.jochum at alcatel-lucent.com> wrote:
> >
> >> in OmniOS
> >> /rpool/boot/grub
> >>       Commented out the line "splashimage /boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz"
> >>       and changed timeout to 5
> >>       otherwise, everything else is as default
> >>                   (i.e. the serial and terminal lines are still commented out, and the kernel line is still the same:  "kernel$ /platform/i86pc/kernel/amd64/unix -B $ZFS-BOOTFS)
> >>
> >> /boot/solaris/bootenv.rc
> >>       (tried a lot of changes, but returned it to default since none seem to make a difference)
> >>
> >> /etc/ttydefs
> >>       (tried a lot of changes, but returned it to default since none seem to make a difference)
> > Have you tried playing with console=text, console=force-text?
> > It seems the default to either console=graphics or console=text. Use
> > console=force-text to enable standard vga mode. Last time I played with
> > IPMI standard vga mode was the only way to see the entire boot process.
> >
> Hi Michael:
>
> Are you suggesting the console=force-text in the menu.lst, bootenv.rc, or ttydefs?

It has to be added to the boot line in menu.lst. Read more here:
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E26502_01/html/E28983/glyas.html

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
If you lose your temper at a newspaper columnist, he'll get rich,
or famous or both.