[OmniOS-discuss] [discuss] illumos power management

Rafael Vanoni rafael.vanoni at pluribusnetworks.com
Wed Nov 13 19:50:04 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 11:24 AM, Garrett D'Amore <garrett at damore.org>wrote:

> CPU power management is unlikely to do much for you.  Its better to rely
> on C-states to save power on modern systems.  That said,

Strictly speaking, C-states are part of CPU power management. If you were
referring to p-states, with the exception of apps that require very low
latency, the race to idle policy implemented with the Power Aware
Dispatcher project improved power efficiency without affecting performance
across a variety of workloads.

> there are some known bugs with deep C states and some drivers; we don't
> ordinarily recommend setting it for servers.

Can you point me at these bugs ?

Rafael