[OmniOS-discuss] zpool upgrade

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Tue Nov 19 21:16:52 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-19 16:40, Hafiz Rafibeyli wrote:
> Hello,
>
> any side effects upgrading zfs pool for future flags?
>
> I tested it on my test server ,but is it ok for prod zfs pools?
>

> # zpool upgrade ydkpool
> This system supports ZFS pool feature flags.
>
> Successfully upgraded 'ydkpool' from version 28 to feature flags.
> Enabled the following features on 'ydkpool':
>    async_destroy
>    empty_bpobj
>    lz4_compress

I guess these features are in the mass-testing long enough and did
not cause known grief, so enabling should be okay - at a risk of
being the first "strange" configuration where things don't work ;)

Possibly, the main drawback would be the loss of compatibility with
proprietary Solaris ZFS, i.e. you won't be able to import the pool
with an Oracle Solaris installation. If that does not matter to
you - go ahead... and do have backups prepared, as always ;)

//Jim