[OmniOS-discuss] IPMI?

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Sat Nov 23 03:16:44 UTC 2013

I'm trying to get openipmi working on a supermicro box. Based on
https://www.illumos.org/issues/370, it seems there should be an ipmi driver
in illumos, and that commit is old enough I'd think it would be in current
stable.

I don't see any ipmi devices though. Is the driver not in stable? I also see
some threads talking about having to patch ipmitool to use it, I'm using the
vanilla pkgsrc ipmitool, not the joyent one, so I'm not sure what that's
about. It's late on a Friday ;), so I'm going to give up for now, in the
hopes some kind soul has a better clue on this than me and can save me some
time digging into it :).

Thanks much...