[OmniOS-discuss] Ang: Oracle 11g/12c on OmniOS

Johan Kragsterman johan.kragsterman at capvert.se
Mon Nov 25 16:33:12 UTC 2013

-----"OmniOS-discuss" <omnios-discuss-bounces at lists.omniti.com> skrev: -----
Till: "omnios-discuss at lists.omniti.com" <omnios-discuss at lists.omniti.com>
Från: Scott Roberts
Sänt av: "OmniOS-discuss"
Datum: 2013-11-25 16:59
Ärende: [OmniOS-discuss] Oracle 11g/12c on OmniOS

All,

Does anyone have experience installing Oracle under OmniOS?  Unfortunately, even in this day and age Oracle does not provide a text-based installer and OmniOS does not provide any X packaging.  A list of steps or a link to a howto would be fine.  I am hooked on OmniOS and am not looking to switch to a different Illumos flavor simply because of X support.

Cheers,
—Scott

Guess many people would like to have that. I've seen some poor instructions around, but I don't remember where, actually...

If you solve it, pls notify list of the process, and preferably, put it in the wiki...

Rgrds Johan