[OmniOS-discuss] Oracle 11g/12c on OmniOS

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Mon Nov 25 18:23:36 UTC 2013

> On Nov 25, 2013, at 7:58 AM, Scott Roberts <scotty at jhu.edu> wrote:
>
> Does anyone have experience installing Oracle under OmniOS?

Out of curiosity, why are you trying to get oracle working under omnios? Obviously they're not going to support it (I have enough trouble getting oracle installed/getting support on officially validated operating systems ;) ). As long as you're going with the open source os, why not a nice open source database like Postgres :)?

I can't think of a time we deployed oracle where no support wouldn't have been a show stopper for the people that owned the project.

Good luck though. Have you tried installing X from pkgsrc? I've seen reports that works reasonably well.