[OmniOS-discuss] napp-it OmniOS appliance boots very slow, used to work on OpenIndiana

Günther Alka alka at hfg-gmuend.de
Sun Oct 13 14:17:50 UTC 2013

One problem I am  aware if you are using the ESXi appliance
resulting in very slow bootup, extreme high CPU load and even data
corruption:

If you are on ESXi 5.5, you must use the vmxnet3 vnic
or disable TCP segmentation offload in e1000.conf; add the following and
reboot

tx_hcksum_enable=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0;
lso_enable=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0;

Maybe similar to this problem:
http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=2058692

(in the current appliance v. 13b, this is disabled per default)

Gea