[OmniOS-discuss] napp-it OmniOS appliance boots very slow, used to work on OpenIndiana

Guenther Alka alka at hfg-gmuend.de
Mon Oct 14 09:24:34 UTC 2013

hi Eugen

First, check napp-it menu
<http://192.168.88.5:81/cgi-bin/admin.pl?id=admin,%21UAlu/INmMdeM%21UGUacmTNfwsU%21UKcYZnz3LgMY&l1=&l2=&l3=>
Disks
<http://192.168.88.5:81/cgi-bin/admin.pl?id=admin,%21UAlu/INmMdeM%21UGUacmTNfwsU%21UKcYZnz3LgMY&l1=05_disks%20and%20controller&l2=&l3=>
Details
<http://192.168.88.5:81/cgi-bin/admin.pl?id=admin,%21UAlu/INmMdeM%21UGUacmTNfwsU%21UKcYZnz3LgMY&l1=05_disks%20and%20controller&l2=01_details&l3=>
prtconf diskinfos
<http://192.168.88.5:81/cgi-bin/admin.pl?id=admin,%21UAlu/INmMdeM%21UGUacmTNfwsU%21UKcYZnz3LgMY&l1=05_disks%20and%20controller&l2=01_details&l3=20_prtconf%20diskinfos>

(for driver info of affected disks, probably mpt_sas/ sd)

then goto
Disks
<http://192.168.88.5:81/cgi-bin/admin.pl?id=admin,%21UAlu/INmMdeM%21UGUacmTNfwsU%21UKcYZnz3LgMY&l1=05_disks%20and%20controller&l2=&l3=>
Details
<http://192.168.88.5:81/cgi-bin/admin.pl?id=admin,%21UAlu/INmMdeM%21UGUacmTNfwsU%21UKcYZnz3LgMY&l1=05_disks%20and%20controller&l2=01_details&l3=>
edit mpt sas conf
<http://192.168.88.5:81/cgi-bin/admin.pl?id=admin,%21UAlu/INmMdeM%21UGUacmTNfwsU%21UKcYZnz3LgMY&l1=05_disks%20and%20controller&l2=01_details&l3=03_edit%20mpt_sas%20conf>

disable MPIO:
# To globally enable MPxIO on all LSI MPT SAS 2.0 controllers set:
mpxio-disable="yes";

I would reboot then