[OmniOS-discuss] napp-it OmniOS appliance boots very slow, used to work on OpenIndiana

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Oct 14 08:53:23 UTC 2013

On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 08:48:45PM +0200, alka wrote:
> hi Eugen
>
> beside the ESXi appliance, napp-it does not modify
> any system setting (you can even disable napp-it without problems)
> so this must be a "maybe simulanious" but different problem.
>
> In your logs are controller and multipath errors so I would check
> iostat, zpool status and format behaviours.
>
> You may try to disable multipath in your controller.conf settings.
> if you can
> - compare an Intel Nic
> - compare an LSI HBA

I have both in my system. The LSI is driving the 8-drive pool.
Only rpool and log device, all SSD, are on onboard SATA ports.

I'm not using the onboard Realtek, only the Intel NIC is used.

Is information in http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19957-01/819-0139/ch_4_config_multi_SW.html
/kernel/drv/fp.conf
mpxio-disable="yes";
applicable for OmniOS? Do I need to touch /reconfigure to
make it stick?