[OmniOS-discuss] napp-it OmniOS appliance boots very slow, used to work on OpenIndiana

alka alka at hfg-gmuend.de
Sun Oct 13 18:48:45 UTC 2013

hi Eugen

beside the ESXi appliance, napp-it does not modify
any system setting (you can even disable napp-it without problems)
so this must be a "maybe simulanious" but different problem.

In your logs are controller and multipath errors so I would check
iostat, zpool status and format behaviours.

You may try to disable multipath in your controller.conf settings.
if you can
- compare an Intel Nic
- compare an LSI HBA

as your hardware is not "best use".
(My backup systen is also an older AMD + Realtek but works well)

Gea