[OmniOS-discuss] Moving a zfs pool from server to another with less memory.

Svavar Örn Eysteinsson svavar at fiton.is
Wed Oct 30 15:44:07 UTC 2013

Hi.

Are there any special configuration or setup that I need to take consider ?

I'm currently moving a 14TB ZFS pool from a out-dated OpenIndiana server with 16GB in RAM.
The new server will only provide 8GB of RAM, and will be running OmniOS.
The new server has a maximum of 8GB of RAM, so there is no option extending the RAM.

I have also in plans to extend the size of the pool to at least 20TB.
It only serves as a archive server. not much of client activity, only rsync and archival stuff.

Any help and or information much appreciated.

Thanks allot.

Best regards,

Svavar
Reykjavik - Iceland