[OmniOS-discuss] ZFS Questions. Is a bug ?

Narayan Desai narayan.desai at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 02:07:36 UTC 2013

As far as we've been able to tell, zfs replace is a one way street; once
you start the replace, there doesn't seem to be a way to cancel it until it
is completed.

Also, resilvers appear to start from scratch any time anything about the
pool changes. Do you have a drive that is flapping offline and coming back,
or something like that? Are you getting any messages in /var/adm/messages
about disk devices?

Considering the dire appearance of that pool, you might consider trying to
boost resilver priority. We found this:
http://my2ndhead.blogspot.com/2011/03/adjusting-zfs-resilvering-speed.html
to work well to improve overall resilver performance (at the cost of
pending IO requests from clients), ymmv.
 -nld