[OmniOS-discuss] lftp

martin at waldenvik.se martin at waldenvik.se
Sun Sep 8 16:38:42 UTC 2013

On Sun, Sep 01, 2013 at 20:24:34 +0200, gigli at swipnet.se wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've gone from openindiana to omnios and it works really well.
> I do, however, miss lftp. When i try to compile it i get the following
> when i run ./configure:
>
> checking term.h presence... yes
> configure: WARNING: term.h: present but cannot be compiled
> configure: WARNING: term.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
> configure: WARNING: term.h: see the Autoconf documentation
> configure: WARNING: term.h: section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
> configure: WARNING: term.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
> configure: WARNING: ## ------------------------------------ ##
> configure: WARNING: ## Report this to lftp-bugs at lftp.yar.ru ##
> configure: WARNING: ## ------------------------------------ ##
> checking for term.h... no

That's the least of your problems, actually. ISTR trying to build
lftp and running into gnarly C++ issues. For that error you'll
probably need to be careful about the 32/64-bitness of headers
and whether you're using /usr/include/term.h or
/usr/include/ncurses/term.h (you want the latter, most likely).
ncurses is a little weird as-packaged.

--
Chris Nehren

thanks for your answer. If you compile it successfully i would
be very thankful for the solution.

Regards
Martin Waldenvik