[OmniOS-discuss] What filesystems does OmniOS support ?

Dale Ghent daleg at omniti.com
Wed Sep 4 15:37:17 UTC 2013

On Sep 4, 2013, at 11:17 AM, Jim Klimov <jimklimov at cos.ru> wrote:

> On 2013-09-03 18:26, Dale Ghent wrote:
>> NTFS is not supported in any mode.
>
> Strange... NTFS-3G works in OpenIndiana for example (r/w, with moderate
> glitches for me - i.e. many directories seem empty until refreshed, but
> nothing like data loss or corruption).
>
> It is not AFAIK part of the OS, though is available in another repo.

Well, FUSE is FUSE, so "supported" in that sense is subject to a person's own definition of that word. I didn't mention NTFS-3G because I don't have first-hand experience with it, and I'm unaware of its current state vis a vis its efficacy on contemporary OmniOS/Illumos.

> I wonder if anything forbids its use in OmniOS?

Forbids? Not at all, technical issues notwithstanding.

/dale