[OmniOS-discuss] customizing rpool for iso install

Jim Oltman jim.oltman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 23:28:21 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 2:10 PM, Paul B. Henson <henson at acm.org> wrote:

> On 7/18/2013 9:29 AM, Jim Oltman wrote:
>
>  ./omnios_zpool_install.pl
>>

>> And I get this:
>>
>> mount:  ./omnios_zpool_install.pl
>> Device busy
>>

> Hmm, my first guess is that the overlay mount the script executes uses the
> name the script was executed as and mount doesn't like the relative path.
> Try running it with a fully qualified path "/tmp/omnios_zpool_install.pl"*
> *; I updated the wiki to note this.

Paul,

Thanks for getting back to me!  I ran the command.  There was no output,
and the log file it created was simply the command I used.  I exited back
to menu.  I ran the installer and chose the first device in the list.  I
ran through the installer.  When it was done, I went back to the shell.
 zpool status only shows one disk in rpool.  zfs get compression does show
lz4 compression.  So I rebooted.

When Omni came up, I tried to do a zpool status and got nothing (no output
at all).  Looking into it, it appears that /usr/sbin/zpool and
/usr/sbin/zfs on disk are actually the script.  I'm assuming I did
something wrong but I'm not sure what.  Did you see this during your
testing and implementation?  Thanks for your help!