[OmniOS-discuss] customizing rpool for iso install

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Thu Sep 5 02:19:22 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 04, 2013 at 05:28:21PM -0600, Jim Oltman wrote:

> at all).  Looking into it, it appears that /usr/sbin/zpool and
> /usr/sbin/zfs on disk are actually the script.  I'm assuming I did
> something wrong but I'm not sure what.  Did you see this during your
> testing and implementation?  Thanks for your help!

Yes, the first version of the script uploaded to the wiki did have a
bug; I didn't realize the installed image came directly from the
filesystem the installer was actually using. I modified the script to
remove the overlay mounts after the customization before the installer
copied the filesystem. The current version on the wiki doesn't have this
issue, please download it and try again.