[OmniOS-discuss] rsync issues

Ian Kaufman ikaufman at eng.ucsd.edu
Mon Sep 9 18:40:12 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I am trying to slurp data over from one IllumOS based system
(Illumian) to another (latest stable OmniOS), and I am running into a
problem. I keep seeing the error:

rsync: failed to set permissions on "FILENAME": Not owner (1)

which is leaving me with all of my dirs/files either 777 or 666. I am
using the -a flag, both as root and as the directory/file owner, and
the namespace/user ids are consistent across the system. My idmapd
domain is also consistent.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Thanks,

Ian