[OmniOS-discuss] samba with AD on omnios

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Mon Sep 16 20:56:17 UTC 2013

I am trying to use samba/winbind to hook up our omnios box to an AD
server. After some fiddleling, I managed to compile samba +
openldap linked to the system krb5 libraries ...

Running kclient to configure kerberos seems to work fine, but when runnning net ads join,
I get:

#  net ads join -S ad-server -U Administrator
Enter Administrator's password:
kinit succeeded but ads_sasl_spnego_krb5_bind failed: Error in the PKCS 11 library calls
Failed to join domain: failed to connect to AD: Error in the PKCS 11 library calls

the thing seems to be hung up on some soft tokens, and it does also
not seem able to find the kerberos key cache ...

anyone running such a setup on omnios who could give me a hint ?

cheers
tobi