[OmniOS-discuss] samba with AD on omnios

Chavdar Ivanov ci4 at outlook.com
Mon Sep 16 22:56:59 UTC 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: OmniOS-discuss [mailto:omnios-discuss-bounces at lists.omniti.com] On
Behalf Of Tobias Oetiker
Sent: 16 September 2013 21:56
To: omnios-discuss at lists.omniti.com
Subject: [OmniOS-discuss] samba with AD on omnios

I am trying to use samba/winbind to hook up our omnios box to an AD server.
After some fiddleling, I managed to compile samba + openldap linked to the
system krb5 libraries ...

Any particular reason not to use the default smb/server under OmniOS? My
Solaris/OmniOS/OpenIndiana hosts all have joined our domain without many
problems:

I am aware of the differences in semantics as far as samba and Solaris
smb/server is concerned, but in everyday use one shouldn't be concerned.

Chavdar Ivanov

Running kclient to configure kerberos seems to work fine, but when runnning
net ads join, I get:

-------------
#  net ads join -S ad-server -U Administrator Enter Administrator's
password:
kinit succeeded but ads_sasl_spnego_krb5_bind failed: Error in the PKCS 11
library calls Failed to join domain: failed to connect to AD: Error in the
PKCS 11 library calls

the thing seems to be hung up on some soft tokens, and it does also not seem
able to find the kerberos key cache ...

anyone running such a setup on omnios who could give me a hint ?

cheers
tobi