[OmniOS-discuss] Status of VAAI

Schweiss, Chip chip at innovates.com
Wed Aug 6 00:38:11 UTC 2014

I used to do a lot of Linux kernel work, but haven't jumped in on Illumos,
mostly because the information to get started seems sparse and often
outdated on the few wiki pages that exist.

I'd be a regular at dabbling in the Illumos kernel if it didn't require so
much time just to get started.

One curiosity I have is could a hybrid distribution of OmniOS with a
Nexenta kernel be built and be useable.  Nexenta keeps everything out in
the open on Github.   How hard would it be to build that kernel and utilize
it?

-Chip