[OmniOS-discuss] SuperMicro Board Reboot Hang

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Wed Aug 13 21:00:56 UTC 2014

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 08:43:31PM +0000, Matthew Mabis wrote:

> Running a SuperMicro Board 16GB Ram soon to be updated... my first
> thought is it has something to do with SMB but i have also seen this
> happen when its Core Dumped b/c SMB crapped itself.  Basically the
> server will just sit at the Rebooting words and do nothing it requires
> physical intervention to reboot the box.

Did you try disabling fast reboot? I have a similar supermicro box that
wedges at reboot if fast reboot is enabled. Disabling fast reboot makes
it work, albeit at the cost of ripping through BIOS POST each reboot.
Seems a decent trade off ;).

# svccfg -s "system/boot-config:default" setprop config/fastreboot_default=false
# svccfg -s "system/boot-config:default" setprop config/fastreboot_onpanic=false
# svcadm refresh svc:/system/boot-config:default