[OmniOS-discuss] Upgrading from OI to OmniOS

Cal Sawyer cal-s at blue-bolt.com
Tue Dec 2 14:47:50 UTC 2014

Hi

I have a server hosting 65TB of RAIDZ2 storage that's currently running
OI (oi_151a8), which i really want to get off of given that OI has
bitten the dust support-wise.  I found one brief discussion on the topic
but it wasn't terribly detailed and was missing critical steps like
configuration protection/retention. I'd like to preserve network and esp
LDAP (client) settings as they were kind of a pain to establish in the
first instance for quick reapplication. If anyone has or is interested
in cobbling together a checklist of steps to upgrade OI to OmniOS that
takes configuration into account, i'd very much appreciate seeing it.

thank you

- cal sawyer