[OmniOS-discuss] Upgrading from OI to OmniOS

Randy S sim.ple at live.nl
Wed Dec 3 12:44:35 UTC 2014

should have send this to the list.... again.... ;-)

Hi,

The safest way I could think of to do this is as follows:
create a bootenv in OI en install Omnios fresh into this
Start omnios and if you need any settings you can mount the be of OI to e.g. /mnt and copy the config files from there to the Omnios install.

I had to keep track of config files in /etc and /kernel/drv
I have noticed that both oses are quite compatible

Above procedure can first be tested with vm's

Do not upgrade any pools untill you are satisfied with the new situation since there might be a diff in zfs version. If you do you won't be able to go back to your OI install.

Please first test with vm's!

Rgds