[OmniOS-discuss] packaging - unwanted directory group owner

Eric Sproul eric.sproul at circonus.com
Wed Dec 3 14:49:04 UTC 2014

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 4:48 AM, Vincenzo Pii <piiv at zhaw.ch> wrote:
> Ok, problem solved :D!
>
> I added a "local.mog" file to my build directory (besides build.sh), with
> the following content:
>
>     <transform dir  path=etc/init.d -> set group sys>
>
> I realized I could do that by browsing the omnios-build repo, for the bash
> package:
>
> https://github.com/omniti-labs/omnios-build/blob/abbfd1697849f6f8a84be3f94317b317798236a1/build/bash/local.mog

Vincenzo,
If you're interested, the IPS Developer's Guide, linked from
http://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/MoreInfo was very helpful to me when
I was first learning how to package for IPS.  Among many other things,
it describes the various ways you can programmatically transform pkg
manifests to fine-tune your packages.

Eric