[OmniOS-discuss] NFSv4 id mapping only working on client but not server?

John Klimek jklimek at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 18:20:04 UTC 2014

I'm running OmniOS (v5.11, omnios-10b9c79, September 2014) as my server and
Ubuntu 14.04 as my client.  I'm only using sys (?) authentication and not
Kerberos.

I've correctly set my NFS domain name but it's only partially working.

Here's an example:

Server:  user 'media', uid 1000.
Client:  user 'media', uid 2000.

If I create a file as 'media' on the server, the client correctly maps the
id to the local 'media' user.  However, if I create a file on the client,
the server will show a uid and doesn't correctly map to the local 'media'
uid.

What can I have setup wrong?

I can't find any debugging or logging options for nfsmapid...

Also, does the uidmap and gidmap share.nfs options only work for NFSv3?