[OmniOS-discuss] NFSv4 id mapping only working on client but not server?

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Thu Dec 4 18:37:11 UTC 2014

On Thu, 4 Dec 2014 13:20:04 -0500
John Klimek <jklimek at gmail.com> wrote:

> What can I have setup wrong?
>
> I can't find any debugging or logging options for nfsmapid...
>
> Also, does the uidmap and gidmap share.nfs options only work for NFSv3?
Solaris and derivatives implementation of NFS ACL is not compliant to the Linux NFS ACL.
More directly it is the ACL in Linux which is not POSIX conformant so to avoid problems you
should add the mount option noacl in your Linux fstab file. Noacl will instruct Omnios NFS
to revert to plain old uid/gid.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
Don't just echo the code with comments - make every comment count.
            - The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plaugher)