[OmniOS-discuss] weird library issue

Ian Kaufman ikaufman at eng.ucsd.edu
Wed Dec 10 18:42:35 UTC 2014

It looks like this system is in some weird state where there are
packages from 151006 and 151008.

For example, /etc/release shows:

root at massive02-b:~# cat /etc/release
  OmniOS v11 r151008
  Copyright 2013 OmniTI Computer Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved.
  Use is subject to license terms.

but, when I try to do a pkg update, I see this (multiple repeating lines):

  No suitable version of required package
pkg://omnios/incorporation/jeos/omnios-userland@11,5.11-0.151008:20131204T231613Z
found:
    Reject:  pkg://omnios/incorporation/jeos/omnios-userland@11,5.11-0.151008:20131204T231613Z
    Reason:  A version for 'incorporate' dependency on
pkg:/library/security/openssl at 1.0.1,5.11-0.151008 cannot be found
  No suitable version of required package
pkg://omnios/incorporation/jeos/omnios-userland@11,5.11-0.151004:20121024T180535Z
found:
    Reject:  pkg://omnios/incorporation/jeos/omnios-userland@11,5.11-0.151004:20121024T180535Z
    Reason:  A version for 'incorporate' dependency on
pkg:/archiver/gnu-tar at 1.26,5.11-0.151004 cannot be found
  No suitable version of required package
pkg://omnios/incorporation/jeos/omnios-userland@11,5.11-0.151006:20130506T214442Z
found:
    Reject:  pkg://omnios/incorporation/jeos/omnios-userland@11,5.11-0.151006:20130506T214442Z
    Reason:  A version for 'incorporate' dependency on
pkg:/archiver/gnu-tar at 1.26,5.11-0.151006 cannot be found

and for openssl, I see this:

root at massive02-b:~# pkg info library/security/openssl
          Name: library/security/openssl
v2/v3) and Transport Layer (TLS v1) protocols and general purpose
cryptographic library
         State: Installed
     Publisher: omnios
       Version: 1.0.1.10 (1.0.1j)
 Build Release: 5.11
        Branch: 0.151006
Packaging Date: October 15, 2014 03:40:22 PM
          Size: 18.08 MB
          FMRI:
pkg://omnios/library/security/openssl@1.0.1.10,5.11-0.151006:20141015T154022Z
root at massive02-b:~# pkg install
pkg:/library/security/openssl at 1.0.1,5.11-0.151008
Creating Plan /
pkg install: No matching version of library/security/openssl can be installed:
  Reject:  pkg://omnios/library/security/openssl@1.0.1.5,5.11-0.151008:20131204T024253Z
           pkg://omnios/library/security/openssl@1.0.1.6,5.11-0.151008:20140110T173804Z
           pkg://omnios/library/security/openssl@1.0.1.7,5.11-0.151008:20140407T220403Z
           pkg://omnios/library/security/openssl@1.0.1.7,5.11-0.151008:20140408T142844Z