[OmniOS-discuss] weird library issue

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Wed Dec 10 18:55:00 UTC 2014

> On Dec 10, 2014, at 1:42 PM, Ian Kaufman <ikaufman at eng.ucsd.edu> wrote:
>
> It looks like this system is in some weird state where there are
> packages from 151006 and 151008.

Oh my.

Yes, you've been bitten by the pkg upgrade problems between 006 and 008.  This was before my time here, so I'm not sure how best to extricate yourself from things.

If you want, you can jump forward to the current stable release (r151012).  If you want to try that, and you don't have zones, do this:

1.) Create a new BE, call it 012 for this example:  beadm create 012

2.) Mount the BE on /mnt:	beadm mount 012 /mnt

3.) Change the publisher on the new BE to point to r151012's repo:
	pkg -R /mnt set-publisher -G http://pkg.omniti.com/omnios/release/ -g http://pkg.omniti.com/omnios/r151012/ omnios

4.) Apply the update to the new BE:   pkg -R /mnt update

5.) Unmount the BE:   beadm umount 012

6.) Either reboot and use the GRUB menu to try out the new 012 BE, or "beadm activate 012" to make it go there on the next reboot.