[OmniOS-discuss] dedup causes zfs/omnios to drop connections.

Rune Tipsmark rt at steait.net
Mon Dec 15 22:17:09 UTC 2014

we have only 24GB of ram on this system...
I was under the impression it would not require much when the block size was larger, we are on 64kb, so would expect around 2GB per 1TB.
yet we cannot even get more than a few TB on the system before it dies.

the main purpose with this system was dedup, no problem with slow speed... its for backup only, so could not care less if its rather slow - but not responding is not acceptable.
br,
Rune