[OmniOS-discuss] ipadm issues

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Wed Dec 17 23:55:27 UTC 2014

> On Dec 17, 2014, at 6:30 PM, Tobias Oetiker <tobi at oetiker.ch> wrote:
>
> Hi Dan,
>
> Yesterday Dan McDonald wrote:

>>> Silly question --> what does "ipadm show-if" say?
>>
>> Also, I noticed this:
>>
>> mplon0/v6       addrconf disabled     ::
>>
>> Try this:
>>
>> 	ipadm enable-if mplon0/v6
>
> I tried enable-addr ... maybe that was the problem ...
> since I have now setup the temporary interface ... I can't test
> this ...
>
> on another note though ...
>
> as I setup addr conf, I got both the linklocal address as well as a
> selfassigned global address ... how can I tell ipadm NOT todo that
> and to be happy with the linklocal address, since I am assigning a
> fixed address by hand

The ipadm(1M) page says:

     ipadm create-addr [-t] -T addrconf [-i interface-id]
        [-p {stateful|stateless}={yes|no},..] addrobj

<SNIP!>

             The -p option (also --prop) indicates  which  method
             of auto-configuration should be used.

I believe you'll want to disable both stateful and stateless, or at the very least, stateful (which grabs prefixes via in.ndpd).