[OmniOS-discuss] Followon review --> Changes that allow illumos-gate to build on OmniOS

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Thu Dec 18 02:44:34 UTC 2014

Now that the java fixes are their own thing, let's revisit the remaining changes in:

	http://kebe.com/~danmcd/webrevs/for-omnios/

All of these together, combined with 4719, will allow illumos-gate to build on OmniOS, AND allow an OmniOS box to ONU to the results, provided the .env file is properly populated.

The aforementioned directory contains:

check-rtime/

* Some check_rtime modifications for the version of things in OmniOS

ig-on-omnios.env

* A sample .env file used for building illumos-gate on OmniOS.  Look for the extra export variables you'll need.

java-updates

* Now points to illumos 4719, see previous mail.

lose-ipp-listener

* Lose the IPP listener if so specified in your .env file, which depends on bits not in OmniOS.
* See the sample .env file above for how it works.

lose-shell-styleguide

* Lose the dependency on docbooks, only existing in the Shell Style Guide.
* Apparently not only is this out in OmniOS already, but in SmartOS as well.

lose-sysidtool-dep

* Lose the SMF dependency on sysidtool.
* I've been told this only ever affected people trying to move from old OpenSolaris to OI.

modern-netsmnp

* Allow linkage with more recent versions of net-snmp.

more-lintfixes

* Lint fixes that the OmniOS sunstudio12.1 lint are picky about.
* Work done by Rich Lowe.  Thank you, Rich!

omnios-mail-msg.txt

* See the small number of remaining lint errors, ALL having to do with openssl versions.

perl-fixes

* More perl fixes to work with OmniOS's alternative approach to perl support.
* This has also been tested, I believe, by the OpenIndiana Hipster people.

After 4719 goes back, I'd REALLY like to get these 7 other changesets back as well.  They'll be NOPs as far as OI is concerned, but they'll help out OmniOS immensely, and possibly other distros as well.

Thanks,
Dan McDonald