[OmniOS-discuss] sudden loss of networking

Michael Mounteney gate03 at landcroft.co.uk
Tue Dec 23 02:04:02 UTC 2014

Just now, r151012 lost networking.  I was able to get in via a serial
console (very relieved I took the trouble to set that up) but otherwise
the machine wasn't even pingable.  Thanks to the wonders of NFS, a
reboot preserved everything --- I wasn't running any VMs at the time.

svcs -a showed that network/physical:default was online.  I didn't
really know what else to do.  Any suggestions for next time ?  assuming
I can get in on the serial console.

Michael.