[OmniOS-discuss] Sneak modified scsi_vhci.conf in under installer ?

sergei sergei25 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 22:36:25 UTC 2014

Hi

The disks I want to install OmniOS to are TOSHIBA AL13SEB300 model which
scsi_vhci won't take over without proper conf file listing this model under
"scsi-vhci-failover-override" line. Right now those disk device path starts
with /pci instead of /scsi_vhci. Yet they are showing up in format output
ok. What is the trick to fix this without rebuilding install ISO image ?

I could install into one of (larger) Seagates and then mirror/remove mirror
to move boot OS to the proper disks. Is there any easier way ?

I think it would benefit Omni if you could keep scsi_vhci with at least
some updates. I see Nexenta does include bunch of models into it's default
scsi_vhci.conf.