[OmniOS-discuss] Granular control of fma modules

Richard Elling richard.elling at richardelling.com
Sun Feb 23 05:50:25 UTC 2014

On Feb 18, 2014, at 4:17 PM, Anh Quach <anhquach at me.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to tell the disk-transport FMA module to ignore over-temperature on only a certain set of disks?

In Solaris 11, yes this is possible. However, the open source community has not implemented it
yet, AFAIK.

> I’m doing testing with some Seagate Constellation.3’s that seem to run hotter even at idle than the rest of my disks (39-44 C) and they are continually getting flagged for over temp. I know I can disable to the temp alert for that module but I don’t want to disable it for all disks, just these new Seagates.

You can unload disk-transport altogether as a workaround. The root cause is a bug in
the Seagate firmware introduced in version 3 of their firmware. A fix is in the works
for version 4, available RSN.
 — richard

--

ZFS storage and performance consulting at http://www.RichardElling.com