[OmniOS-discuss] ZFS on iSCSI Target. OmniOS as Initiator

Mark Harrison mark at omniti.com
Thu Feb 27 15:49:52 UTC 2014

If you have the pool on the raw device (i.e. you haven't created any
slices/partitions and instructed zfs to use the whole 'disk'), and the
device suddenly appears to the OS with a larger size, then ZFS will
use all the space available. This also applies to physical drives,
where if you replace all the mirrored drives in a pool or top level
vdev with larger drives, the pool will suddenly be larger.