[OmniOS-discuss] omnios-build: the build system, scripts and merging between branches

Lauri Tirkkonen lotheac at iki.fi
Mon Jul 7 16:11:59 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jul 07 2014 12:02:59 -0400, Dan McDonald wrote:
> This *seems* sensible, especially as you've put buildctl at the top-level in the omnios-build half of the split.
>
> It seems right now, however, that buildctl still assumes it's in
> build/. instead of one directory above it.

Yep, it does. As I said, it's just a PoC at this point (but I think you
might be able to do 'cd build; ../buildctl'. I don't use buildctl
myself, yet)

https://github.com/niksula/omnios-build/compare/niksula:master...split

> I'd like to see what all changed in any scripts that now live in the
> "build" half of your split vs. their original pre-split incarnations.
> Not sure if github or a tool like webrev would be able to help here.

Nothing in the scripts themselves changed. I did a git filter-branch
--subdirectory-filter to split the build dir into its own repo, after
which I just removed buildctl, added config.sh and site.sh. The latest
three commits at
https://github.com/niksula/omnios-build-scripts/commits/master
basically.

--