[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS doc

Theo Schlossnagle jesus at omniti.com
Sat Nov 1 06:17:44 UTC 2014

On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 3:44 AM, Antoine Jacoutot <ajacoutot at bsdfrog.org>
wrote:

> >    I am sure with Omnios's community we can publish an OmniOS Survival
> >    guide.
> >
> >    Yep ?
>
> Sure, go ahead... but do we really want to attract "newbies"?
> I don't know, just asking.

I think an OmniOS Survival guide would be great.

If you have to put something like "newbies" in quotes and talk about them
as different than us, you are viewing this community in an unhealthy way.
OmniOS is designed to take Illumos and all of its features and package it
in a way that makes a minimal and useful general operating system targeted
at servers and appliances.  Anyone with whom that vision aligns is most
welcome in the community and we should encourage efforts to make them feel
as an accepted part of the whole.

--

Theo Schlossnagle