[OmniOS-discuss] slog limits write speed more than it should

Nicholas George headlesscow at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 05:24:28 UTC 2014

>From what I understand, ZFS writes to the intent log in a single threaded
synchronous fashion. Adding three drives just means that the first block is
written to the first drive synchronously, then the second block to the
second drive synchronously, then the third to the third drive and then back
around to the first. You don't actually increase your throughput beyond the
performance of a single drive.

http://nex7.blogspot.com/2013/04/zfs-intent-log.html
http://www.nexentastor.org/boards/5/topics/6179