[OmniOS-discuss] slog limits write speed more than it should

Rune Tipsmark rt at steait.net
Fri Nov 14 07:58:34 UTC 2014

Looking at the first link he clearly states that ZIL is written to in a round robin fashion, I was under the impression that 2 log devices would then be faster than 1…unless mirrored of course.

If this is not true, what is the point of allowing more than 1 vdev as log device at all?

How can I test the max sped of my log device directly in OmniOS?

Br,
Rune