[OmniOS-discuss] Postgres on Stable

Michael Mounteney gate03 at landcroft.co.uk
Fri Nov 28 21:18:35 UTC 2014

On Fri, 28 Nov 2014 15:08:16 -0500
Zach Malone <zmalone at omniti.com> wrote:

> We have pretty much abandoned 9.3, and are using 9.2 in production,
> with plans to evaluate 9.4 when it's released.

May I ask why ?  The problem is that I have databases built with 9.3,
and I don't know to downgrade or even if it's possible.

> If you want to build your own repo, so you can manage your own
> versions and patches, you just need to clone
> [...]
> Oh yeah, http://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/CreatingRepos has
> instructions on creating pkg repos, in case you missed that.

Yes;  I'd avoided getting involved in my own repository building so
far, but it's a bridge I'll have to cross.

> omniti-ms is intended as an unsupported internal repo, although it's
> clearly useful to the outside world, so we don't bother keeping it
> private.

It keeps users like me in lazy habits.

> What repos do you currently have configured, and if you specify
> postgres-92 or 93 as a package to install, what prevents it from
> installing (if you use the -v option to pkg install)?

root at world:/root# pkg -R /zone/diener/root install -v postgresql-934
Creating Plan \
pkg install: No solution was found to satisfy constraints

maintained incorporations:

  pkg://omnios/entire@11,5.11-0.151012:20141027T191658Z
  pkg://omnios/incorporation/jeos/illumos-gate@11,5.11-0.151012:20140913T032317Z
  pkg://omnios/consolidation/osnet/osnet-incorporation@0.5.11,5.11-0.151012:20140913T033401Z
  pkg://omnios/incorporation/jeos/omnios-userland@11,5.11-0.151012:20141027T191659Z

Plan Creation: dependency error(s) in proposed packages:

  No suitable version of required package pkg://ms.omniti.com/omniti/database/postgresql-934@9.3.4,5.11-0.151008:20140603T183939Z found:
    Reject:  pkg://ms.omniti.com/omniti/database/postgresql-934@9.3.4,5.11-0.151008:20140603T183939Z
    Reason:  A version for 'incorporate' dependency on pkg:/entire at 11,5.11-0.151008 cannot be found
  No suitable version of required package pkg://ms.omniti.com/omniti/database/postgresql-934@9.3.4,5.11-0.151010:20140804T183201Z found:
    Reject:  pkg://ms.omniti.com/omniti/database/postgresql-934@9.3.4,5.11-0.151010:20140804T183201Z
    Reason:  A version for 'incorporate' dependency on pkg:/entire at 11,5.11-0.151010 cannot be found
  No suitable version of required package pkg://ms.omniti.com/omniti/database/postgresql-934@9.3.4,5.11-0.151006:20140423T181948Z found:
    Reject:  pkg://ms.omniti.com/omniti/database/postgresql-934@9.3.4,5.11-0.151006:20140423T181948Z
    Reason:  A version for 'incorporate' dependency on pkg:/entire at 11,5.11-0.151006 cannot be found

Plan Creation: Errors in installed packages due to proposed changes:

  No suitable version of installed package pkg://omnios/entire@11,5.11-0.151012:20141027T191658Z found
    Reject:  pkg://omnios/entire@11,5.11-0.151012:20141027T191658Z
    Reason:  Excluded by proposed incorporation 'omniti/database/postgresql-934'
             This version is excluded by installed incorporation pkg://omnios/entire@11,5.11-0.151012:20141027T191658Z

Michael.