[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS "bloody" now updated

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Wed Sep 3 03:07:37 UTC 2014

Pardon the skip of last time's update.  A lot has changed here in preparation for the next stable release (r151012).  Because of the amount of change, I've pushed out a complete set of updated packages to the bloody repo.  This means you'll have to update pkg(5) prior to a full-blown update.

If all goes well, there will be no bloody update in two weeks, and in 4-6 weeks, r151012 will show up.  If there is a bloody update in two weeks, it will be very close to what becomes r151012, otherwise THIS will be very close to what becomes r151012.  I may also choose to update packages very selectively and sproadically between now and r151012 (e.g. updates to timezones or PCI IDs).

What's new in this update is:

* In userspace:

   Update unixodbc to 2.3.2
   Update swig to 2.0.12
   Update sqlite-3 to 3.8.5.0
   Update sigcpp to 2.3.2
   Update screen to 4.2.1
   Update rsync to 3.1.1
   Update readline to 6.3
   Update simplejson to 3.6.2
   Update pycurl to 7.19.5
   Update numpy to 1.8.1
   Update Mako to 1.0.0
   Update M2Crypto to 0.22.3
   Update lxml-26 to 3.3.5
   Update CherryPy to 3.5.0
   Update pv (pipe-viewer) to 1.5.3
   Update pcre to 8.35
   Update gnu-patch to 2.7.1
   Update OpenSSH to 6.6p1
   Update NTP to 4.2.7p460
   Upgrade libpcap to 1.6.1
   Update libidn to 1.29
   Update libffi to 3.1
   Update less to 458
   Update iso-codes to 3.55
   Update ISC DHCP to 4.3.1
   Update ipmitool to 1.8.14
   Upgrade gnu-tar to 1.28
   Upgrade gnu-grep to 2.20
   Update gmp/gnump to 5.1.3
   Update git to 2.0.4
   Upgrade gettext to 0.19.2
   Update Amazon EC2 API to 1.7.1.0
   Update gawk to 4.1.1
   Update flex to 2.5.39
   Update expat to 2.1.0
   Update curl to 7.37.1
   Update coreutils to 8.23
   Update NSS (3.16.4), NSPR (4.10.6), and ca-bundle.
   Update bison to 3.0.2
   Update gnu-binutils to 2.24
   Update bind to 9.10.0-P2
   Update bash to 4.3.

* And in the illumos part of things:

  - Removal of ntfsprogs and partd.
    (If this is something people want, speak now, so we can get it landed
    somewhere in userland)

  - Serious header cleanup.  No more K&R prototypes (you should've been
    already, but use ANSI C now, please).

  - Small mpt_sas bugfixes.  (Anyone using 12G yet?)

  - More man page improvements.

Thank you!